Human body composed of 55-77% water. Its composition depends on age, gender and other factors.
Some of its importance is as follows
- Flush out harmful toxins
- Regulation of body temperature
- Helps in digestion
- Relieves cramp, sprains, headaches and fatigue.
Amount Of Water Intake Recommended:
- Drink 500-300ml of water 2 hours before workout
- Drink 240-300ml 30 minutes prior to your training.
- Every 10-15min during a workout has 120-200ml of water.
Hydration & Supplementation
If you had any pre-workout supplements prior to your workout, always hydrate your body well during and after workout. It will help all the contents in the pre-workout to function at optimal levels.
People who take caffeine supplements must drink 3-4 liters of water daily. Excess caffeine intake can lead to dehydration that in turn results in post workout cramps if not properly hydrated.
A well hydrated body can also flush out the excess amount of lactic acid secreted during your weight training. If not it can lead to muscle catabolism.
Hope that this tips served as valuable information to you.